nerual452

my very original book blog *woot*

I'm a slow reader but I love books. I hope to read more every year. 30 Books this year!

The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
Stirrings Of The Soul: Evangelicals And The New Spirituality
Michael Raiter
The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle

The Horse and his Boy (The Chronicles of Narnia, No. 3)

Reunion: The Extraordinary Story of a Messenger of Love & Healing - Jessica Ezell, John Roberts I can't wait to read this one to my daughter. For a book in a series it's such a side bar, and in most cases a person might find that frustrating... wanting to get back to the stories of the characters they care about. But it's very easy to care about Shasta and Bree and Aravis and Hwin. I especially loved Hwin. It's also really good to see the Kings and Queens of Narnia from an outside perspective. While all who had read the second Narnia book would know all faults of these ordinary people, Shasta didn't.
It some ways it's a shame they didn't include this one in the Narnian series of movies, it would have been epic. Perhaps someone will go back and make it some day.
What I love about C.S. Lewis' writing is not just the nuggets of humor (really very funny) but the nuggets of wisdom as well. I had to use my highlighter several times. For example,
...both Horses were doing, if not all they could, all they thought they could; which is not quite the same thing.
C.S. Lewis then promptly goes on to not explain any of these comments at all. They do nothing but plunge you into deep and unhindered thought, pondering the gravity and the meaning of these little sentences. It is very good for both the mind and the soul. It's not very often that one sees wisdom in the way someone writes a novel.